Mar 7, 2020
Coronavirus – Update
We constantly reviewing the situaion in regatds to managing the risk, and we are following the Scout Assocoation guidanc when issued. At the moment we have not been advised to stop events.
If you are concerned about the management of the risk please check the Government’s Coronavirus webpage regularly as the situation develops.
Our key concerns will be:
Members returning from abroad – Members should follow the standard advice on self-isolation if that is applicable to the country visited.
Events – If you or your team are organising any Scout events, please make sure you regularly read the latest Government advice and then update your risk assessments.
Scout trips abroad – The Foreign and Commonwealth Office website has travel advice and details of any restrictions.
We are also following advice from NCVO – champions the voluntary sector and volunteering please see thier advice here:
The best way to stay safe is follow NHS England Guide lines:
How to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds ( NB sura fatiha is around 20 seconds)
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Full details here
For further help or in emergency please call 111 for help and advice.More Details