Mar 18, 2020
As we keep abreast of the various developments concerning the Corona virus, our Leaders and Executive Committee have taken a group decision to postpone all Scouting sessions effective immediately. This includes Beavers, Cubs and Scouts sessions. We will be constantly monitoring the situation nationally, regionally and locally. We have informed the District Commissioner and the St Albans District Scouts of our decision.
Based on official Government guidelines, as of 16 March 2020, there has been no decision as yet to shut schools etc in Hertfordshire. However, we are aware that many of our children reside with, or have regular contact with elderly relatives who are most vulnerable which is a key factor in our decision. In addition, the nature of our activities means we cannot guarantee ‘social distancing’ (we are dealing with children after all…!) To err on the side of caution, and in the interest of our members’ well-being, we have taken a decision to postpone sessions until further notice.
The Section Leaders and their teams will be working on remote session plans to ensure that the children can still benefit from the planned sessions remotely and these will probably be in the way of some activities that they can do at home quite easily. We will forward these in the next couple of days.
We have two camps scheduled for later this term – the Cub camp and scout camp – we are liaising with both the district and the camp facilities as to the feasibility of these going ahead. We will keep everyone informed of the decisions as we are made aware of them.
We pray Allah SWT keeps you all & your families safe during this testing time. AmeenMore Details